Retail Data Systems is looking for a passionate and driven Hospitality Software POS Technician to join our St. Louis team. The Hospitality Software POS Technician provides a focus on the success of our customers.
The Hospitality Software POS Technician will be an integral part in our hospitality/restaurant department in servicing and supporting our growing clientele base. You will be responsible for creating new POS builds, managing menu enhancement projects, and troubleshooting various POS applications (Par Brink, SpotOn Restaurant, etc..).
If you are a master multitasker, collaborator, and executor, with uncompromising standards and work ethic, Retail Data Systems is the perfect place for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Customer Service is the core of our focus at RDS. As one of our frontline leaders with our clients, communication capabilities across multiple forms (email, chat, and phone) is key.
- Become a POS product expert through internal training and documentation.
- Assist in managing hardware staging and implementation for customer installations.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with multiple single unit and enterprise brands.
- Troubleshoot possible software, network, or hardware issues in a calm and timely manner.
- Utilize customer relationship tools to maintain support infrastructure and documentation.
- Partner with POS vendors and manufacturers for necessary additional support.
What You’ll Need:
- 0-3 Years’ Experience working with restaurants and their IT/POS infrastructure.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time-management skills.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and grind alongside the team (we’re all hands-on deck here).
- Ability to manage multiple projects with at times demanding deadlines.
- Be able to anticipate problems and offers solutions to find ways to accomplish what needs to get done.
- Willingness to learn, remain open to feedback, and to explore further if necessary.
- Decisive problem-solving skills with advanced listening and coping skills.
- Must be able to work minimal weeknights and weekend hours through an assigned on-call rotation.
What Would Be a Plus:
- Restaurant/Bartending Experience
- Experience building and managing a team
- POS and/or Networking Certifications
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on IT or Hospitality Management
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid Vacation & Personal Days
- Opportunity for Overtime Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance Offerings
- 401K Plan
- Travel Opportunities
- Company Laptop
- Cell Phone Reimbursement